XBPS utility to check for outdated packages
utility checks for outdated packages
in a target root directory or in all registered repositories by comparing the
package versions against the source package versions available in a
tree. By default and unless the
option is set,
it will compare package versions in repositories against the
tree. The FILES
argument sets extra packages to process with the outdated ones (only processed
Dave Elusive <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Specifies a path to the XBPS configuration directory. If the first
character is not '/' then it's a relative path of
- Specifies a full path to the void-packages repository. By default set to
- List packages present in repos, but not in distdir. Srcver is a question
mark for them.
- Enables extra debugging shown to stderr.
- Format according to the string format, inspired by
The following formatting codes may be used:
- A plain ‘
- The package name.
- The package version from repositories or pkgdb (returns ? if not
- The source package version (returns ? if not found).
- The requested template name (this can be a sub package).
- The repository url (returns ? if not found).
The default format is “
%n %r %s %t
- Show the help message.
- Ignore repositories defined in configuration files. Only repositories
specified in the command line via --repository will
- Check for outdated installed packages rather than in repositories.
- Only process listed files.
- Repository to be added to the top of the list. This option can be
specified multiple times.
- Specifies a full path for the target root directory.
- List all packages found in the
and prints version available in repository and srcpkgs with the following
format: pkgname repover srcver. If any version can't
be resolved, ? is printed instead.
- Show the version information.
Juan Romero Pardines <email@example.com>
Duncan Overbruck <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Probably, but I try to make this not happen. Use it under your own
responsibility and enjoy your life.
Report bugs at https://github.com/void-linux/xbps/issues