tlp - apply laptop power saving settings
tlp command [parameters] [-- <config> ... ]
Apply power saving settings manually and control ThinkPad battery features.
For ThinkPads with more than one battery the selection works as follows:
- Initialize tlp and apply power saving settings according to the
actual power source. Also use to apply a changed configuration.
- Apply power saving settings for battery power source.
- Same as bat.
- Apply power saving settings for AC power source.
- Same as ac.
- Enable autosuspend for all USB devices, except blacklisted ones.
- Turn off optical drive in UltraBay/MediaBay. The drive may be re-enabled
by pulling the eject lever or pushing the media eject button on newer
- setcharge [START_CHARGE STOP_CHARGE] [BAT0|BAT1] (ThinkPads
- Set charge thresholds of main (BAT0) or auxiliary (BAT1) battery
temporarily. Values must be between 1 and 100, START_CHARGE must not
exceed STOP_CHARGE - 4. Configured thresholds are restored upon next
system boot-up. When called without arguments, configured thresholds are
- fullcharge [BAT0|BAT1] (ThinkPads only)
- Set charge thresholds of main (BAT0) or auxiliary (BAT1) battery to
factory presets (96/100) temporarily (causing a full charge). Configured
thresholds are restored upon next system boot-up.
- chargeonce [BAT0|BAT1] (ThinkPads only)
- Charge main (BAT0) or auxiliary (BAT1) battery to the stop charge
threshold once (bypassing start threshold). Configured thresholds are
restored upon next system boot-up.
- discharge [BAT0|BAT1] (ThinkPads only)
- Force complete discharge of main (BAT0) or auxiliary (BAT1) battery.
- recalibrate [BAT0|BAT1] (ThinkPads only)
- Battery recalibration: completely discharge main (BAT0) or auxiliary
(BAT1) battery and recharge to 100%.
- Show disk ids for configuration.
- -- PARAM=value ...
- Add parameters to temporarily overwrite the system configuration (for this
program invocation only).
Apply thresholds of 70 / 90% to the main battery:
- BAT0 - Main or internal battery
- BAT1 - Ultrabay, Slice or replaceable battery
- tlp setcharge 70 90 BAT0
Charge the auxiliary battery to full capacity:
- tlp fullcharge BAT1
Recalibrate the main battery:
- tlp recalibrate BAT0
System-wide user configuration file, uncomment parameters
here to override default settings and customization files below.
System-wide drop-in customization files, overriding
Intrinsic default settings. DO NOT EDIT this file,
instead use one of the above alternatives.
Effective settings consolidated from all above files. DO
NOT CHANGE this file, it is for reference only and regenerated on every
invocation of TLP.
Obsolete system-wide configuration file. DO NOT USE this
file, it is evaluated only when /etc/tlp.conf is non-existent.
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise.
tlp-stat(8), bluetooth(1), wifi(1), wwan(1).
(c) 2020 Thomas Koch <linrunner at gmx.net>