showmount - show mount information for an NFS server
showmount [ -adehv ] [ --all ]
[ --directories ] [ --exports ]
[ --help ] [ --version ]
[ host ]
showmount queries the mount daemon on a remote host for information about
the state of the NFS server on that machine. With no options showmount
lists the set of clients who are mounting from that host. The output from
showmount is designed to appear as though it were processed through
The completeness and accuracy of the information that showmount displays
varies according to the NFS server's implementation.
- -a or --all
- List both the client hostname or IP address and mounted directory in
host:dir format. This info should not be considered reliable. See the
notes on rmtab in rpc.mountd(8).
- -d or --directories
- List only the directories mounted by some client.
- -e or --exports
- Show the NFS server's export list.
- -h or --help
- Provide a short help summary.
- -v or --version
- Report the current version number of the program.
- Suppress the descriptive headings from the output.
Because showmount sorts and uniqs the output, it is
impossible to determine from the output whether a client is mounting the
same directory more than once.
showmount works by contacting the server's MNT service
directly. NFSv4-only servers have no need to advertise their exported root
filehandles via this method, and may not expose their MNT service to
Rick Sladkey <firstname.lastname@example.org>