poweroff — stop the
init(8) to bring down, reboot, or power off
the system. Without
-f, it is a shortcut for
init 0 /
- Don't sync before reboot or halt. Note that the kernel and storage drivers
may still sync.
- Force halt or reboot, don't call init(8).
- Do not write the wtmp record.
- Just write the wtmp record.
- Just write the wtmp record, but for a boot.
This version of
halt is based on
runit(8), the following features are
supported and silently ignored:
- to put hard drives in standby mode.
- to shut down network interfaces.